FREE PREVIEW ON:
This interactive digital edition includes: Interactive Notes and Chapters, News about the Author, News about the Book, a very interesting Tag cloud of the Book and a link to connect to the Goodreads community to ask questions and share comments and opinions.
This ebook contains a detailed biography including all the publications of the Author and a brief biography. The Mystery of 31 New Inn, a classic mystery novel by R. Austin Freeman, relates a puzzling tale from an earlier century.
In the grand tradition of the great sleuths brought to life by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle comes John Thorndyke, cerebral, meticulous, British, . . . and undestimated. A contested will and an unusual sickness have no apparent connection until John Thorndyke and Dr. Jervis collaborate on a labyrinth of clues, including broken glass, an upside down picture, a veiled woman, and a box of candles. This puzzle is solved with inductive reasoning and careful use of the scientific method. (Extract from Goodreads).
- I. The Mysterious Patient
- II. Thorndyke Devises a Scheme
- III. “A Chiel’s Amang Ye Takin’ Notes”
- IV. The Official View
- V. Jeffrey Blackmore’s Will
- VI. Jeffrey Blackmore, Deceased
- VII. The Cuneiform Inscription
- VIII. The Track Chart
- IX. The House of Mystery
- X. The Hunter Hunted
- XI. The Blackmore Case Reviewed
- XII. The Portrait
- XIII. The Statement of Samuel Wilkins
- XIV. Thorndyke Lays the Mine
- XV. Thorndyke Explodes the Mine
- XVI. An Exposition and a Tragedy